We will be giving away 1 year network memberships for the following:
- The player who ends up at the top of the ladder when the ladder ends. You absolutely must submit your scores by midnight (PST) December 31st, 2021.
- The player who plays the most matches without tying anyone else.
To be eligible for any prize, you must play at least 2 matches.
Pickleball Ladder Courts
No specific courts have been selected
Pickleball Ladder Rules
1. The ladder is located in:
Country: United States State: California City: Los Angeles
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin January 01, 2021 and end December 31, 2021.
5. Players have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Each time a team declines a challenge, they will drop 5 points.
7. Players have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
8. Players can have up to 3 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Players can have up to 2 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. Players have 2 wildcard challenges. Wildcards allows a team to play a team much higher ranked than the rules typically allow.
11. Players will not be penalized for not playing matches.
12. Players may only play an opponent within 10 ranks above them.
13. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
14. Any of the following match formats can be used:
11 win by 2: First to 11 points and win by 2. If score is tied at 10, the winner will be the first to be ahead by 2 points.
Example scores: 11-8 or 16-144 11 win by 2, best 2 of 3: Best 2 out of 3 sets. Each set is won by the first to 11 points and win by 2. If score is tied at 10, the winner will be the first to be ahead by 2 points.
Example scores: 11-3, 11-9 or 6-11, 11-8, 15-13 15 win by 2: First to 15 points and win by 2. If score is tied at 14, the winner will be the first to be ahead by 2 points.
Example scores: 15-9 or 15-13 21 win by 2: First to 21 points and win by 2. If score is tied at 20, the winner will be the first to be ahead by 2 points.
Example scores: 21-18 or 24-22 First to 15: First to win 15 points.
Example scores: 15-8 or 15-14 First to 11: First to win 11 points.
Example scores: 11-4 or 11-10 First to 21: First to win 21 points.
Example scores: 21-15 or 21-20 11 win by 2, best 3 of 5: Best 3 out of 5 sets. Each set is won by the first to 11 points and win by 2. If score is tied at 10, the winner will be the first to be ahead by 2 points.
Example scores: 11-3, 2-11, 11-9, 14-12 or 6-11, 11-8, 15-13, 11-5
15. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog Plus: This system is the based on the classic Leap Frog system, but also awards additional points based on points won and lost. This rewards players with points regardless of the outcome, and encourages more play. Here is how it works:
If you play first to 11, there are 21 addition points awarded in addition to leaping (or not leaping). This is because 21 is the maximum number of points that could be played (11-10). The loser always gets 1 point for each game they win, and the winner gets the rest.
Lets say team A is ranked #1 and has 200 points, and team B is ranked #5 and has 150 points. Here are two sceniaros to help see what could happen:
1. If team A wins 11-1, they would then have 220 points, and team B would have 151 points.
2. If team B wins 11-4, they would then have 217 points, and team A would have 204 points.
16. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
17. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
The 2021 Top 100 Pickleball League is a pickleball league in Los Angeles, California.
This is an official pickleball league of GPN. This league is for anyone in the area who is looking to play some... pickleball.
You can play as little, or as much as you would like. You decide when, and where to play. The goal of this pickleball league is be at the top.
All you have to do, is challenge players to a match, or accept challenges from other players. Players will submit their own scores, and the system takes care of the rest.
You can also post a "Looking to Play" message to let other players know when, and where you are available. This entices players to challenge you.
We hope you have a great time, meets lots of new players, and most importantly, play a lot of pickleball.