2021 BCC Winter Doubles League 1 (MON) is a pickleball ladder in Anderson, Indiana.
1. If you are NEW to Global Pickleball Network (this website) please sign up as a 3.0 player NO MATTER... YOUR REAL RATING!
2. This is a DOUBLES ladder - pick your partner (doesn't matter Male/Female) and play with THAT PARTNER the entire league.
3. This league's objective is to help you determine your rating, get practice with your partner, play against other teams working to improve.
4. We use the ELO system for scoring, which is super complicated and takes into consideration your scores in each game, not just win/loss records. Additionally, you are awarded points when you win, when you play, and extra points if you beat a team that is rated (think 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.) higher than you. Points does NOT equate to rating.
5. This website will tell you there is no fee for this league - that is because if we set it as a fee in the system, we pay a higher fee to run the league. $40 per player is the cost and you can pay Kevin Huff by writing a check to "TTG" or by giving him cash. Money will go toward the continuous cycle of new balls necessary to play, toward the church for use of the facility (we want to do this for the church even though we aren't asked to), potentially toward a Lobster or other Pickleball machine, and toward the eventual creation of outdoor courts at BCC.