FALL 2023 Doubles Pickleball Ladder is a pickleball ladder in Fort Madison, Iowa.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled play time. You can start to warm up if courts are... available.
Matches: 3 matches each week. Your group decides when to play. Note: All matches must be complete and scores submitted by noon on each Sunday.
Format of Play:
- Each match is a race to 2 games played to 11, win by 2.
- Coin flip chooses SERVE or SIDE preference. For subsequent games in the match, Winner chooses.
- Switch sides when one team reaches a score of 6 during a game (outside, the side matters).
- If needed, one time-out per team is allowed per game.
- Each player will play 3 matches, rotating partners with each person on the court for each match.
- Scores will be loaded, ranking adjusted, and new groupings will be made each week according to the algorithm.
Reporting: Game scores entered on GPN by the winning team using a smart phone and QR codes. Clipboards with score cards will also be on each court.
Ranking: We will rank teams using a custom ranking in GPN.
- 2 points for each game won
- 3 points for each match won
- 1 point for matches won in straight games with no loss
- 1 point for each game lost
- 1 point for each match lost
- -5 points will be accessed for each match lost by forfeit.
Even if you are losing a game, do not give up because each point matters!
Inclement weather: Safety is the top priority! If there is inclement weather, or the courts are wet and unsafe from earlier rain, play your games on a different day.
Absences and Substitutes: Your team is responsible for finding an equivalently skilled substitute if you (or both) will be absent. The League Admins will NOT find subs. Other league players may fill in as a sub, however points will only be earned by a player during regularly scheduled league games and not when playing as a sub.
Make sure you communicate the information in this letter along with the date and time of your match, self-rating so similar players know if they are a match for your league and team, and the name and contact information of your partner so they know who to meet.
Equipment: Teams are responsible for bringing their own paddles, balls, and water. Games will be played using Franklin X-40 balls.
HAVE FUN: You are encouraged to eat, drink and be merry with other players and make new friends and pickleball connections.