Dear Fogolar Furlan Pickleball Players,
We've had a great season this year and have enjoyed getting to know you and seeing your smiling faces.
Please be advised that the Fogolar Furlan Pickleball courts will be CLOSED FOR THE SEASON from May 1, 2022 - January 8, 2023.
The Fogolar Staff and Management want to thank you for your support throughout the year and we wish you and your families a safe and happy Spring and Summer!
Please join us in the Members' Lounge and outdoor Patio during the Summer.
We look forward to seeing you again in 2023!
Rob Kelly, General Manager
Fogolar Furlan Windsor
Effective March 1, 2022 as per the new provincial regulations regarding COVID-19, we will no longer be requiring Pickleball players to show proof of full vaccination.
Face masks are still required when entering and exiting the facility and when using the washrooms. Social distancing is to be maintained whenever possible.
Effective Thursday, February 24, 2022
Court rental times/rates are as follows:
o Regular time: 9:00 am -4:00 pm - $15.00/hour
o Prime time: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm - $18.00/hour
REMINDER: There is a buffer built into playing times to prevent congregating and allow time to vacate the playing area to a safe zone for packing up. PLAYERS MUST BEGIN WINDING DOWN GAMES 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE END OF THE RESERVED TIME AND BE OFF THE COURT BEFORE THE END OF YOUR SCHEDULED TIME. NO ONE IS TO ENTER THE PLAYING AREA PRIOR TO THE PREVIOUS GROUP BEING RELEASED FROM THE AREA. NO NEW GAMES SHOULD BE STARTED DURING THIS WIND DOWN TIME.
- Dear Fogo Pickleballers! -
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE CLOSED ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2022 FOR FAMILY DAY. PICKLEBALL WILL BE CANCELLED ON THIS DAY.
Happy New Year Fogo Pickleballers!
I hope your holidays were filled with food, fun and frolic! We’re happy to welcome you all back to Pickleball here at the Fogolar Furlan Club on Monday, January 31st.
Beginning January 31, 2022 - Court Rentals will be available as follows:
• Mondays – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Tuesdays – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm*
• Wednesdays – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
• Thursdays – 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
• Fridays – 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
• Saturdays and Sundays – CLOSED
*Courts 1 & 2 Only (Canada Hall) on Tuesday evenings
Please note the following changes/requirements:
• Beginning January 31, 2022 – Pickleball rental fees are as follows:
o Regular time: 9:00 am -5:00 pm - $15.00/hour
o Prime time: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm - $18.00/hour
• As of January 4, 2022 – Ontario residents will be required to use the enhanced vaccine certificate with QR Code
o Fogolar Furlan staff will scan your QR Code (from your phone or paper copy) to verify your fully vaccinated status followed by viewing your photo identification
Please direct any questions or concerns to: email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation.
URGENT - ATTENTION FOGO PICKLEBALL PLAYERS:
NOV 16, 2021 - ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIVE WE HAVE RECEIVED ON TODAY'S DATE BY THE WINDSOR-ESSEX COUNTY HEALTH UNIT, ALL PICKLE BALL PLAYERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION AND PHOTO I.D. EACH AND EVERY TIME THEY ENTER THE PREMISES TO PLAY.
PLEASE SHOW PROOF OF FULL VACCINATION AND PHOTO I.D. TO EITHER THE MEMBERS’ BARTENDER OR SOMEONE IN THE OFFICE.
ENTRANCE AND EXIT WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE MEMBERS' LOUNGE DOORS. ENTRANCE TO THE COURTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE FRIULI HALL FIRE DOORS.
THE MEMBERS' BAR ENTRY DOORS WILL BE OPEN BY 8:50 AM.
ALL PICKLE BALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN-IN AND SANITIZE BEFORE ENTERING THE COURTS.
ATTENTION FOGO PICKLEBALL PLAYERS:
The following new regulations will apply to ALL patrons attending any indoor spaces at the Fogolar Furlan Club of Windsor, including the Members’ Bar, all indoor events including Pickleball play. We remain committed to the safety of our Members, Guests & Staff.
As of Sept 22, 2021, Windsor-Essex residents will have to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to access non-essential businesses, including gyms, indoor restaurants, movie theatres, concerts and organized large gatherings, under Ontario’s new vaccine certification program.
As of Sept. 22, 2021, Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities.
We invite you to email proof of your double-vaccination status to: firstname.lastname@example.org This information will be kept on file so eliminate the need for you to be verified each time you attend the Fogolar to play. Please direct any questions/concerns to Paula Pavan, Receptionist - 519-966-2230 Ext. 110 or email@example.com
FOGOLAR FURLAN PICKLEBALL RE-OPENING GUIDELINES
Updated July 14, 2021
Scheduled Play Times: Tuesday-Friday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm / Monday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
2-hr Maximum Block/Group - Check in at Member's Lounge for Payment
Court Rental Rates/Court: $25/court for 2-hr before 4 pm booking
$30/court for 2-hr after 4 pm booking
• This document includes actions to be taken by Pickleball players on behalf of the Fogolar Furlan Club Windsor.
• Each player will be responsible for implementing and following the guidelines below.
• By reserving a court, players accept the guidelines and will ensure the safety of other players, our staff and guests.
• Players play at your own risk of injury. Fogolar Furlan is not responsible for any injury due to negligence, lost or stolen items, or failure to comply with the written guidelines.
• Failure to comply will result in cancellation of play and could result in the closure of the facility for future access.
1. Players and volunteers must always be 2 metres (6 feet) apart, including while performing opening cleaning and setup, waiting for playing time, during play, and celebrations (e.g., No High Fives or Handshakes)
2. A maximum of 8 players per court will be allowed. Masks must be worn while waiting to substitute into a game.
3. As courts are located indoors, masks are to be worn at all times while in the building, aside from the courts of play
4. There will be a buffer built into playing times to prevent congregating and time to vacate the playing area to a safe zone for packing up. PLAYERS MUST BEGIN WINDING DOWN GAMES 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE END OF THE RESERVED TIME AND BE OFF THE COURT BEFORE THE END OF YOUR SCHEDULED TIME. NO ONE IS TO ENTER THE PLAYING AREA PRIOR TO THE PREVIOUS GROUP BEING RELEASED FROM THE AREA. NO NEW GAMES SHOULD BE STARTED DURING THIS WIND DOWN TIME.
5. NO MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE will be allowed in any given room at one time. NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED
6. Players may bring their own chairs for sitting (socially distanced) or spectating while waiting to sub in.
1. Masks are to be worn by all individuals entering the building and outside of play area. Eyewear is highly recommended during gameplay. Masks can be removed while on courts during game play. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please do not participate if you do not or cannot accept this guideline
2. Players should bring their own water and hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to clean hands frequently. Hand sanitizing is required upon entry/exit of the building
3. Sharing of personal items or equipment (e.g., chairs, towels, paddles, balls etc.) is forbidden. Each player should bring their own equipment.
4. Balls should be clearly marked to identify them uniquely.
5. Players will only serve and touch their own ball. When another player’s ball needs to be returned to them, it will be rolled or hit to them with a paddle, without touching the ball in any way.
6. Balls should be disinfected in between games and should not be shared among players. Players are to remove their own balls from the playing area at the end of each game.
7. Players are encouraged not to switch ends while playing. If switching does take place, then crossover on the opposite sides of the court
8. Washrooms are opened to a maximum of 2 people at the same time. Alternate sinks, urinals and toilet stalls are to be used to reduce contact by guests. Units not being used will be covered with garbage bags. Washrooms are on an hourly cleaning schedule throughout the day.
9. High touch surface areas (gates, door handles, etc.) will be disinfected throughout the course of the day. Doors to the playing area will be kept open to the best of our ability to limit contact with surfaces
1. Singles and doubles play allowed
2. Reservations are a minimum of a one-hour block and maximum of 2 hours is allowed per reservation
3. Reservations made online only – first come – first served basis
4. No hold-over dates or long-term reservations will be accepted
5. Players should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their reservation time.
6. Upon arrival, please enter the Main Entrance, located on the east side of the building under the drive through canopy. The lobby will have an area to drop off shoes, boots and coats. Check into the MEMBER’S LOUNGE where payment will be taken as before. The Member’s Lounge entrance is located on the Southwest side of the main building, just around the corner from the Fogolar Furlan Office
PLAYERS, STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS MUST NOT VISIT THE FACILITY IF THEY:
1. Are exhibiting flu-like symptoms or any known COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, difficulty breathing, etc.)
2. Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 and/or flu like symptoms in the previous 14 days
3. Have been outside of Canada in the previous 14 days and/or
4. Are considered vulnerable or at risk (e.g Elderly individuals or those suffering from a chronic medical condition)
5. If an individual has symptoms of COVID-19, they will be told to self-isolate at home, encouraged to complete Ontario’s self-assessment tool at:
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self- assessment/ and to call their primary care provider or
Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) or Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
(1-800-265-5822)for an assessment.
WECHU will provide additional direct measures in response to a suspected or confirmed case
All players with reservations will be contacted in the event of a cancellation or rescheduling via the Global Pickleball Network.
All guests will sign a Contact Tracing Form that will be located at the entrance of the Pickleball area. This will include Player’s full name, telephone number and date of visit. This will assist WECHU in the investigation of a positive case of COVID-19. In the event of an outbreak, these patrons will be informed of the situation and further instruction will follow.
Robert M. Kelly