Boulder Area Pickleball
A FEW TIPS WE'VE LEARNED SO FAR
- - - Scroll Down To See The Comments Wall and Recent Posts - - -
If you prefer to play with the same group of people, you can create a group and then when you schedule a play time, only the people in your group get notified. To create a group, click on GROUPS, then Create A Group, give your group a name, select the players and click SUBMIT. Your group will now show up as an option when you are scheduling play time.
We've discovered 3 different places you can post messages and comments (can make it confusing until you figure out where you really want your post to appear).
1) There is a comment section down further on this page, good for general posts. Your Comment gets emailed to everyone in the network, so it's an easy way to quickly contact everyone.
2) You can post comments on the specific play times, and anyone registered for that play time will get notified of a post. Click on the play time and you'll see a Play Session Chat section. This is handy because it keeps all the messages related to one play time together.
3) You can post under an individual's name. Click on their name and you'll see a Post Comment section.
Getting Notified When Someone Sets Up A Time To Play
When you add a play time to the calendar, the system sends a notification to the people you've designated - either everyone in the Boulder Area Pickleball network or your smaller group that you've created.
When the system actually sends out the notification to each person is based on their preference. You can change the timing of these notifications in your own profile - e.g. get the notifications immediately, once per day, etc. We suggest you start out with "immediate" so you get notified as soon as someone posts something. After a bit you can change the frequency.
To change how often you receive notifications from the system:
Click on the bell icon in the top right of the screen
Click on Update Your Notification Settings
Choose when you want to receive notifications
Reserving A Court
This network organizes players and events (play times) but does not reserve a court for you. If you are setting up a time to play at a city court, you can either
1) take your chances that a court will be open or
2) reserve a court through the City's system https://apm.activecommunities.com/boulderparksrec/Reserve_Options
Reserve the whole tennis court rather than the pickleball court and you'll get 2 courts for the price of one.
South Boulder Recreation Center Outdoors
Tennis Court #3 = Pickleball Courts #1 & 2 (east side)
Tennis Court #4 = Pickleball Courts #3 & 4 (west side)
East Boulder Community Center Outdoors
Tennis Court #5= Pickleball Courts #5a & 5b
North Boulder Recreation Center Outdoors
Tennis Court #1 = Pickleball Courts #1 & 2