This is a private ladder. Only network members are allowed to view this ladder.
Pickleball Ladder Menu
Skinny Singles 3.5 to 4.25 in Broward • First Edition is a pickleball ladder in Davie, Florida.
Start of season:
Ranking at opener:
Players will be ranked randomly at... start of ladder
Once a challenge is set, players coordinate with each other to play match at preferred location and time
Skinny singles is a version of pickleball that is played with two people on half the court. This is a good way for players to practice doubles strategies as it mimics the plays you will see in a full court of doubles! Due to the benefits of this version, you will see a lot of tournament players use this as a warm-up or even as a practice and drilling session with just two people.
HOW TO PLAY SKINNY SINGLES
1. Both players will start on the even side or right side of the middle line with the server calling out the score as 0-0. Point is played diagonal or cross-court first with the same type of strategies that you would use in doubles.
2. A player scores a point when they win a rally as a server.
3. Once the server wins a rally, he/she scores a point and is up 1-0. Server will then start the next point on the odd side or left-side of the middle line, while the returner stays put on the even side (or right-side) and therefore, the point is now being played down-the-line. All odd-numbered scores for the reminder of the game will serve and return from the LEFT-SIDE and all even-numbered scores will serve and return from the RIGHT-SIDE. The server is the only person that can move between even and odd side if he/she wins the point.
- Being able to strengthen your knowledge of playing doubles as it utilizes the same strategies and technique.
- Increase shot accuracy as you are only given half the court.
- Forces players to use a variety of shots and increase their shot selection due to the court positioning of the other player
- Will continue to help ones physical fitness