A pickleball ladder is a system for ranking teams (singles or doubles) based on the matches they win or lose.
As teams play each other, they receive points. The more points a team has, the higher up on the ladder they will climb.
The goal of a pickleball ladder, is to be at the top. Think of it like king of the mountain.
At Global Pickleball Network, we have the best pickleball ladder software on the market. We have packed our software with every feature you could possibly need.
For example, to award points, we offer several "ranking systems" you can choose from:
- Custom Points
- Elo System
- Leap Frog
- Leap Frog Plus
- Manual Points
You also have several options for how a match is initiated.
- Create a schedule of all match times and locations
- Assign players to a court and rotate partners
- Allow teams to challenge each other to a match
- Let teams submit their matches scores at anytime
Once your ladder begins, your ladder's statistics will begin to populate including:
- Average rank
- Days at #1
- Wins & losses
You can even track a team's points per week.
Here are some other features of our pickleball ladder software:
- Singles, doubles, and doubles ranked individually
- Collect fees directly on the site
- Contact players via email or private message
- Embed ladders directly on your own website
- Arrange players in boxes (box league)
- Post scheduled play sessions
- Upload images, videos, or files
- Create idle penalties
Just like every match played on GPN, ladder matches are used to calculate your playing levels.
Accurate playing levels are extremely useful when organizing which players play each other.
Learn more about calculated playing levels here:
The most popular format for a ladder, is a doubles ladder with rotating partners, that meet one or more times a week. On the day of a match, four or more players are assigned to a court, and they rotate partners.
Below is a video showing you how can set up this ladder format:
Want to see a pickleball ladder in action? Here is a link to our demo ladder league:
Are you ready to start a ladder league? Go here: